Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies um deine Login Daten zu speichern (sofern Du registriert und angemeldet bist) bzw. deinen letzten Aufenthaltsort (wenn nicht registriert und angemeldet). Cookies sind kleine Textdateien, die auf deinen Rechner gespeichert werden. Die von diesen Forum gespeicherten Cookies werden ausschließlich für Zwecke dieses Forums verwendet und nicht von Dritten ausgelesen. Sie stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko für deinen Rechner dar. Cookies werden in diesem Forum auch verwendet, um die Anzeige bereits gelesener und noch ungelesener Themen zu unterscheiden. Bitte bestätige, ob Du Cookies zulassen möchtest oder nicht.

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Ortlieb Bike Tourer / Travel Biker Review
I prefer easy touring. Which means I like warm dinners, hot showers and soft beds when I go biking over a long weekend. For the last few years, once or twice each Summer, my wife and I have gone to the Alsace to do some wine-touring. Since I have the Stromer, all luggage/wine carrying is my department. Last weekend I was able to put to the test newly purchased Ortlieb panniers and trunk bag. Here below are my thoughts.

i) Rear Panniers

The Ortlieb Bike Tourer bags function pretty well. In addition to the large main compartment there is a smaller secondary compartment for easy access to keys/wallet/etc. The main compartment (19 L per bag) gives a lot of room and is easy to get in and out of via the top flap. Standard bottles of wine can stand up in the closed bag. The outer compartment requires a moment of fiddling with side-straps to open/close but that's not too annoying.

I ride in an hour of driving rain has already proven that these bags are definitely waterproof! They are also easy to clean with a damp cloth.

The only real irritation is that the shoulder strap connection to the bag can rotate and pop-off just as you've got the strap around your shoulder. This has happened often enough that I am starting to take some care to check the connector orientation before lifting the bag.

On the bike, the bags are quick and easy to fix securely to the rack (or the trunk back adapter, see below). The snaps automatically rotate around the rail to provide a secure connection. However, I found that one of the snaps is not so smooth and requires some encouragement to slide around the rail. It's probably dirty and I'll have to clean it.

ii) Trunk Bag

The Ortlieb Travel Biker is like a mini suitcase, about the size of a small carry-on bag for air travel. Like the panniers we found this to be properly waterproof. We could comfortably fit in three days of basic summer clothing for two people, plus toiletries. E.g. it was nice to be able to flat-pack an ironed shirt to wear for dinner at whatever Michelin-starred kitchen we could locate.

iii) Set-up issues

The trunk bag zips, constructed to be rain-proof, are pretty stiff and you have to grease up the zips to make them work smoothly. Grease is provided.

The trunk bag came with a rack adapter which required some small effort to fix to the 17kg-rated Racktime rack that Stromer has settled on. This adapter is specifically to provide a platform for the trunk bag and rails for the panniers. It was easy to load the trunk bag onto the adapter, but it was a pain in the ass to lock it there. The lock/key set-up feels cheap and was difficult to enough to operate (took a long time to find the sweet-spot for locking/unlocking) that in future I'm not going to bother using it (this way I can also do without yet-another-key in my pocket). Unlocked, the bag is still securely held on the rack.

When not using the trunk bag I will be removing the adapter. I don't plan on using the trunk bag more than a few times per year.

The size of rails on the trunk bag adapter are different to those on the Racktime rack. While the panniers come with differently sized clip inserts it is a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS to change these inserts. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know. You need the size 8 inserts for the trunk bag adapter and the size 10 inserts for the 17kg-rated Racktime rack.

Overall, I found the system to be mostly very good. Though having a strap pop off a saddle bag from time-to-time has been bloody annoying.
I am always glad that people talk about their experience in such detail, so many mistakes can be avoided. Have you encountered such electric bicycles visit the website, I wanted to know what you think about it?

Gehe zu: